IMPORTANT SERVICE WORKPLACE SAFETY
This Wafﬂ e Baker Service Manual is written for the professional
service technician who has familiarity with KitchenAid®
Pro Line™ Appliances.
The purpose of this service manual is to familiarize the
professional house wares technician with the techniques
required to repair the KPWB100 KitchenAid Pro Line Wafﬂ e
The following safety guidelines should be adhered to when
servicing the wafﬂ e baker:
■ Ensure the workplace is dry and sanitary at all times.
■ Ensure that your hands are clean at all times during the
■ Ensure the workplace has properly polarized AC outlets that
adhere to all local electrical codes applicable at the time of
■ Conduct all disassembly and assembly procedures with the
wafﬂ e baker switched off and disconnected from the AC
supply or mains.
■ Do not immerse the wafﬂ e baker in water. Do not use abrasive
cleansers or scouring pads to clean it.
■ In a well-lit area, visually inspect the wafﬂ e baker for
cleanliness before starting work. Open the baker lids and
wipe the wafﬂ e plates clean with paper towels or a damp
■ Wipe the exterior of the wafﬂ e baker with a warm, sudsy
cloth; then wipe the exterior of the baker clean with a damp
cloth and dry with a soft cloth.
■ Inspect the power cord before testing the wafﬂ e baker’s
■ Do not run the wafﬂ e baker if the power cord is damaged.
Replace with a new cord assembly.
■ Do not leave the wafﬂ e baker unattended while operating
Ensure the KitchenAid service technician is aware of the
operating safeguards recommended to the customer:
1. Read the Pro Line™ Series Wafﬂ e Baker Instructions and
2. Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs.
3. To protect against electrical shock, do not immerse cord,
plugs, or wafﬂ e baker in water or other liquids.
4. Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used
by or near children.
5. Unplug wafﬂ e baker from outlet when not in use and before
cleaning. Allow it to cool before putting on or taking off
6. Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug,
or after the appliance malfunctions or has been damaged in
7. The use of accessory attachments not recommended by
KitchenAid may cause ﬁ re, shock or injuries. There are no
accessories for the wafﬂ e baker.
8. Do not use the wafﬂ e baker outdoors.
9. Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter, or touch
10. Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or in a
11. When ﬁ nished baking wafﬂ es, press the On/Off Button to
turn the wafﬂ e baker off, then remove plug from outlet.
12. Do not use appliance for other than intended use.
13. This product is UL Listed for household and commercial
14. This product is cUL Listed for household use only in
The following tools are necessary to service the KitchenAid
Pro Line Wafﬂ e Baker:
■ Phillips Screwdriver Set
■ Straight Screwdriver
■ Needle Nose Pliers
■ Super Glue or Soldering Iron
■ Hot Glue and Gun
The following equipment will greatly assist you:
■ Power Phillips Screwdriver
Electrical Shock Hazard
Disconnect power before servicing.
Replace all parts and panels before operating.
Failure to do so can result in death or electrical shock.